- Your first Chapter 13 plan payment is due 30 days after your filing and then every 30 days thereafter.
- If you are employed, the Court requires that your employer withhold funds from your pay and send those funds to the Trustee.
- Since your plan payments must be made in full every 30 days, if only a partial payment has been deducted from your paycheck, you must make up the difference by mailing a payment for the balance due directly to the Trustee. Mail your monthly plan payments until you see that the deduction is coming out of your paycheck.
- If you are self-employed or have income only from Social Security or a pension, you may make your payments to your Trustee at least monthly. The Trustees both have electronic payment programs that will be explained at the mandatory orientation before your creditor hearing.
If your Chapter 13 Trustee is Frank M. Pees, mail your payment to:
Frank M. Pees, Chapter 13 Trustee
PO Box 78000
Detroit, MI 48278-1158
If your Chapter 13 Trustee is Faye D. English, mail your payment to:
Faye D. English, Chapter 13 Trustee
P.O. Box 1718
Memphis, TN 38101-1718
- The Trustee will accept personal checks, money orders or cashier’s checks. If you send a personal check, you must allow an additional 14 days for the payment to post.
- Make the payment out to your Trustee, either Frank M. Pees or Faye D. English
- IMPORTANT: Include your case number on the memo line.