Prior to opening his law office in Pickerington, David A. Bhaerman served as an Assistant Attorney General appointed by then-Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro. There he represented the state’s public two-year colleges in transactional matters and as general counsel, advising clients on a wide variety of legal and legislative matters, and represented the Ohio Department of Education in teacher-licensure hearings.
Before that, David spent more than 10 years working at The Ohio State University, most recently as Special Assistant to the President for Executive Communications. In that capacity, he was chief executive speechwriter for the president and an advisor on communication strategies.
David has filed more than 1,500 bankruptcy cases for his clients during the past decade.
Education & Licenses
David holds both Juris Doctor and Masters of Law in Business degrees from Capital University Law School and a bachelor’s degree from The Ohio State University. He received his Juris Doctor with honors, graduating cum laude and in the Order of the Curia. He is licensed to practice law in the state of Ohio and in the District of Columbia, as well as in the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
Personal & Family
David is a long-time resident of Pickerington where he currently lives with his wife.
Now attending law school, his oldest son is an avid tennis player and weightlifter and played tennis at the varsity level for Pickerington North High School and at Philadelphia University before graduating from Ohio State. His youngest son played percussion for the Pickerington North bands and ensembles as well as for the Columbus Symphony Youth Orchestra, and is now majoring in finance and mathematics in college.
In addition to tennis and music, David and his family enjoy golfing, boating, and travel -- particularly to the East Coast where David grew up. He is a great fan of boxing, Cleveland Cavaliers basketball, Cleveland Indians baseball, and the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Capital University Law School, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Business
- Capital University Law School, Juris Doctor, cum laude
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Bexley High School, college preparatory
- State of Ohio
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
LEGAL HONORS AND RECOGNITION
- Order of the Curia
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Corporate Finance
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Real Estate Finance
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Baseball Law
- Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award
- Capital University Law School Dean’s Honor Roll
COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Credit Abuse Resistance Education, instructor for high school students
- Legal Services Corportation, pro bono bankruptcy provider
- PATRIOT program, legal work for Ohio’s military reservists and Guard
- Pickerington Youth Athletic Association Board of Directors, travel tennis
- Born in New York
- Married, two children
- Resides in Pickerington, Ohio